Create marketing funnels in minutes!

Your page? Unpause your account to remove this banner.

Learn more
Maple Leaf Academy

Welcome to Maple Leaf Academy!
Established 1991

ESl programs
Learn english here

Group2 (1 of 1) jpg
Registration Process (1) png
  • International Students Full-Time
  • International Students Part-Time
  • International Students With a Work Permit
  • International Students With a Visitor Visa
  • Canadian Citizens
  • Refugee Claimants
  • Permanent Residents Paying For Classes

Learn English From the Experts

ESL Programs

ESL Intake is continuous, which means that you may begin any Monday of the month.

ESL Programs png
Group in Banff2 png
MLA Full Color png

#200, 731-6th Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2P 0T9
(403) 262-8851

We are centrally-located in downtown Calgary,
and easily accessible by C-train and public transit.

Screen Shot 2023-03-04 at 8 21 11 PM png

Frequently Asked Questions

What do I need to apply to come to Canada?

Please contact the High Commission, Embassy or Consulate in your country for the current immigration regulations. If the country where you reside does not have a Canadian Consulate, write to the one nearest to you or contact our school for more information. All international ESL students who wish to study for a period longer than six months require a Study Permit.

Once we receive your registration and non-refundable registration fee, we will issue a Letter of Acceptance (LOA). You may take this LOA to apply for your documents to come to Canada.

Do I need a visa to enter Canada?

You can check visa entry requirements to Canada at the following Canadian Government website:

Do I need a study permit?

You might not be required to apply for a study permit if you are a visitor for less than six months, on a work permit, or if you meet certain other conditions.  Please check to see if you require a study permit here:

Where can I get more information about International Student entry requirements to Canada?

Do I need health insurance?

Non-Canadian students, who intend to stay in Alberta for 12 consecutive months or more, will be permitted to apply for Alberta Health Care Insurance coverage. When applying, you must submit a copy of your Study Permit with your application form. If you will be in Alberta for less than 12 consecutive months, you are not eligible for the Alberta Health Care Insurance program, and you are required to find alternate medical insurance and liability coverage. For more information, please visit

Do you provide homestay services?

Maple Leaf Academy offers a homestay program for International Students who wish to experience Canadian family living. This is a great learning experience to enhance and learn Canadian Culture. For further information or assistance, please contact us at

What is a Designated Learning Institution (DLI)?

A Designated Learning Institution (DLI) is a school approved by a provincial or territorial government to host international students. If your study permit application does not include a LOA from a valid DLI, your application will be rejected. Maple Leaf Academy is an approved Designated Learning Institution DLI# O114623912037. For more information, please visit

What is your refund and withdrawal policy?

All withdrawal requests must be made in writing and signed by the applicant. The student must provide at least one weeks’ notice of withdrawal.

At any time before and during studies at MLA, arrangements may be made to defer program attendance or to have the funds transferred to a designated beneficiary.
Registration fees are non-refundable.
MLA will only process refunds to the entity/location that originally paid the tuition.
MLA currency is CAD and will process refunds in our currency.
MLA is not responsible for changes in exchange rates and third-party transaction fees.

If a student withdraws from a program more than 30 days before student start date:
• Tuition will be refunded in Canadian funds equivalent to the tuition paid less transaction fees.

If a student withdraws from a program more than one week but less than 30 days before student start date:
• Tuition will be refunded in Canadian funds equivalent to 50% of the tuition paid, less transaction fees.

If a student withdraws from a program less than one week before student start date:
• No refund will be given.


Lalias Numq Enim Ab Voluptates Sed Rerump Similique Autem

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit.

© 2023 Maple Leaf Academy - All rights reserved